S.Varadarajan – Violin
Tanjavur Ramdoss – Mridangam
Where & When? – Bharati Vidya Bhavan on 20th, May
Concert Duration – 2.5 hrs
1. Bhavanuta – Mohanam – Swarams at Bhavanuta
2. Nee daya radha – Vasanta Bhairavi
3. Vinataa suta – Harikambhoji – Alapana, Neraval & Swarams at nera vaishakotsavamuna
4. Nee madhi – Ananda Bhairavi
5. Bhajare re chita – Kalyani – Elaborate Alapana
6. Sivakama sundari – Mukhari (Started at anupallavi – Bhavaroga)
7. arumarundhoru – Kambhoji
8. Durusuga – Saveri – Alapana, Swarams at parama paavani; Tani Avartanam
9. Hey Govinda – Madhuvanti – Alapana
10. Raamanai Bhajitthaal – Maand
11. Tillana – Todi
12. Mangalam – Sowrashtram
The last concert of Sanjay in Chennai was a little more than a couple of months ago. So you can imagine how excited I must have been when I came to know about this concert. 🙂 I don’t know why but till now, I have missed the first few minutes of quite a few of Sanjay’s concerts! This concert was no exception. 🙁 Anyway I was happy that it was only a few minutes of Mohanam that I had missed.
Harikambhoji is a raagam that has got added to my list of favourite raagams only recently. When he started the Harikambhoji alapana, I was wondering if it was going to be endukku nirdaya again. 😉 But it was a song that I don’t remember having heard before. Liked the neraval and swarams for it.
The Ananda Bhairavi (I love the chittaswarams of nee madhi), Kalyani, Mukhari (I can’t remember the last time I heard Sivakama Sundari in a concert. It’s one of my most favourite songs) , Saveri were all nice.
The Madhuvanti alapana was excellent! But thanks to the Maami sitting next to me who was happily singing kaNDa naaL mudhalaai so loudly ever since she identified the raagam as Madhuvanti, I was not able to enjoy it fully! 🙁
In spite of hearing Sanjay singing Raamanai Bhajitthaal so often in concerts, this is one song that I never get tired of listening to. I just love this song. I like the lyrics too.
Overall, it was a very good concert.