Just thought of writing here what I am listening to nowadays….
A R Rahman’s masterpieces:
- The classic Veera Raja Veera
- The fun piece Nana from Couples Retreat
- The soul-stirring Dichotomy of Fame from Rockstar
- The playful Kuru Kuru KaNgaLile from, again, Couples Retreat
- Ponni Nadhi from Ponniyin Selvan – the same Rahman can sound playful in Kuru Kuru KangaLile and pack so much energy in this ode to Ponni Nadhi
- The haunting, contemplative Latika’s Theme
- The inspirational ‘Never Give Up’ from Million Dollar Arm
The trailing background music of Kuru Kuru KaNgaLile is as lovely a piece in itself, as the one in the background for ‘Jugni’ from ‘Kaatru Veliyidai’. The vocals, the humming, the chords, the melody – there are multiple layers of awesome music running all through this less than 3 minute song.
Bliss of Navarasa Kannada:
- Ni Paadamule Gati by Sanjay
- Vande Sada Padmanabham by Sanjay
- Naan Oru Vilayattu by Sikkil Gurucharan & Anil Srinivasan (Album – Tarunam)
The first two bring out the joyous shade of Navarsa Kannada, while the last one brings out the other rasa of Navarsa Kannada by being all soulful! 🙂
Finally, Sanjay’s Shri Parvati in the beautiful Shri Raagam is one song that I just can never have enough of! This is such a beautiful composition, replete with some lovely chittaswarams.
What are you listening to? 🙂