Sanjay Subrahmanyan – Vocal
Nagai Muralidharan – Violin
Guruvayoor Dorai – Mridangam
Neyveli Venkatesh – Khanjira
Where & When? – Krishna Gana Sabha on 17th August
Concert duration: 2hrs 45 min
1. Varnam – Nattakurunji
2. Raa rama inti – Asaveri – Swarams at raa rama
3. Entarani – Harikambhoji – neraval & swarams at sheshudu
4. ambarame – Kalyani – Alapana, swarams at sempor kazhaladi
5. Nagagandhari – Nagagandhari – Alapana
6. innum paramugam yaeno – Begada
7. Parvati nayaka – Bowli – Alapana, Swarams at Parvati nayaka – Tani avartanam
8. RTP – Nattakurunji – Pallavi: manadhil urudhi vaendum vaakkinil inimai vaendum – Triputa, Misra chapu – Swarams in
9. kaaNi nilam vaendum – Ragamalika (Hamsadhwani, ?, Sindhu Bhairavi)
10. nijagadasa – Sindhu Bhairavi
11. idhuvo tillai – Sindhu Bhairavi
12. Mangalam – Sowrashtram
Even though most of the concerts that you go to may be excellent ones, still there will be only a few special ones that will remain etched in your memory forever. This concert was one such. You should have been there to experience the magic of Sanjay’s singing!
This is the first time I am listening to Nattakurunji varnam live in Sanjay’s concert. Though I was slightly disappointed that he didn’t sing the lyrics for the swarams in the varnam, yet the joy of listening to the varnam drowned the disappointment. 😉 The Asaveri swarams were too good.
If the Nagagandhari made me go wow, the Bowli had me mesmerized. What can I say about the Nattakurunji! Amazing! The
Shubhapantuvarali Kumudakriya, that lasted only for a few minutes, left one wishing for more! Then the Sindhu Bhairavi series – nijagadasa and idhuvo tillai – classic Sanjay stuff!
Nagai Muralidharan, Guruvayoor Dorai & Neyveli Venkatesh were great as usual.
Thanks to this concert, the Sunday ended on a high for me. 🙂 Can’t wait for this week to end since that’s when Sanjay’s next concert is (coming Saturday)! 😉