Puranjoy has tagged me. I enjoyed writing this tag since it gave me a chance to write about my school as well as college life. 🙂
Life Ten Years Ago
A decade back, in class 8, I was this silent girl in the class who spoke with only a few people in the class and whom most of the teachers didn’t know. The home works, assignments, lab sessions with simple experiments which seemed complex at that time, classes all through the day in school that I used to enjoy, Tata McGraw Hill Physics book for class 9, craze for reading Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew – finishing a book within a single day most of the times, a group of friends with whom I always had loads of fun during the class hours and a close friend with whom I used to chat away endlessly all through the day on all topics under the sun (I lost touch with her a few years back 🙁 ), the Hindi (I enjoyed writing all those exams conducted by Hindi Prachar Sabha), Math and music classes after school, the summer holidays when I went to my grandmother’s place where all the cousins had gathered and had fun unlimited all through the day, playing shuttle/badminton with friends in my flat in the evenings, when TV meant only Doordarshan, lost in how beautiful Nithyasree’s voice was in kaNNoaDu kaaNbadhellaam, when weekends didn’t mean as much as it means now – never did I keep telling TGIF on Fridays when I was in school – Life was indeed fun at that time! 🙂 Am missing those days now! Sigh!
Life Five Years Ago
In second semester of college, starting to study the engineering subjects of my branch from that time, the diodes, transistors, the voltmeters, bread board and the connecting wires, the new canteen that opened in my college at that time which served only pure vegetarian North Indian food, where we used to spend most of our free hours chatting about Harry Potter, movies and cricket, sneaking in a radio into the college library and listening to the cricket match commentary, silently rejoicing whenever a 4 or a 6 was hit and letting out a silent groan whenever somebody got out! 😀 (Those were the days when I was crazy about cricket! Sigh!), Brindha and I almost sleeping during most of the classes during the third semester, the industrial visits, the study holidays before the semester exams, last minute preparations for the semester exams in full swing, faithfully watching all those Ekta Kapoor’s serials on Sony/Star Plus/Zee, craze for Madhavan and Hrithik Roshan, starting to go for Sanjay Subrahmanyan’s concerts just a year back, becoming a complete Rahmaniac – Life was great! 🙂
Tomorrow being Friday, is going to be a great day, thinking about the weekend and discussing the plans for the weekend with friends. 😀
Five Locations I Would Run Away To
I am not interested in running anywhere away from Madras. 😉 Would love to sometime visit
- The Hampi ruins
- Some place full of Lavenders (Where is that place where the song, ale ale from Boys was shot?) or Tulips or for that matter, any place which is full of just colourful flowers & nothing else.
Five Bad Habits I have
- I have a low patience level.
- Once I start getting bored of something, I will start grumbling too much about it. Am sure those listening to my grumbling will get tired of it soon.
- I get irritated easily even for little things.
- Once I develop a dislike for someone/something, it’s very difficult to change my opinion.
Five Things I Will Never Wear
- Saree full of so much zari that you have to break your head trying to figure out what the colour of the saree is – to think that some people spend some 20-30K for a saree like that!!
- Anything in pink and orange double shade that is very popular these days
- Anything in fluorescent green colour or for that matter, I won’t wear anything in any of the kaNNai parikkum colours
- Jewellery like haaram (a long, heavy chain)
- Stiletto-heeled shoes
Five Biggest Joys at the Moment
(Not now but at the time when I wrote it earlier today)
- The pleasant weather in Chennai
- The thought that today is going to be a relatively free day
- The meeting with someone who had just come back from smoking finally came to an end!
- Completing this tag 😛
Something to Achieve by Next Year
Improve my photography skills, if at all I have any now!
Something that Impacted me Last Year
Something that made me realize that life is so damn unpredictable and cruel.
What will I miss About 2007
There was nothing worth missing.
Five things I want to Do Before I Die
There is a long list of things that I want to do and I am trying to do as much as I can as soon as possible.
As usual, I am not tagging anyone. Take up this tag if it interested you.