N. Ravikiran – Chitraveena
V. Sanjeev – Violin
Mannargudi Easwaran – Mridangam
Anirudh Athreya – Khanjira
Anahita – Vocal Support
On 7th Feb at Raga Sudha (Organized by Isai)
Concert Duration: less than 1.5 hrs
List of Songs:
1. Varnam – Sri
2. Swaminata Paripalaya – Nattai – Swarams at Swaminata
3. Appa Rama – Pantuvarali – Alapana; Neraval & Swarams at kapi varidi
4. Sri Subrahmanyaya Namaste – Kambhoji – tani avartanam
5. Tillana – Sunadavinodini – Composed by Ravikiran
6. Mangalam – Sowrashtram; Madhyamavati Outline
Before the concert, violinist Embar Kannan was awarded the title ‘isai tenRal’ by Isai. Sangita Kalanidhi M. Chandrasekaran was the chief guest. After all the speeches, Ravikiran’s concert started very late. And this was the reason why Ravikiran decided to skip playing alapana, neraval, etc. for Sri Subrahmanyaya Namaste and had the tani Avartanam alone for it.
Overall, the concert was very good. Didn’t find anything extraordinary but.