At Dakshinamurthy Auditorium (Nadopasana) on 16th March
Prapancham Ravindran – Mridangam
B.S.Purushottaman – Khanjira
Concert Duration: 2 hrs
1. Sri Mahaganapate – Abhogi – Brief alapana, swarams
2. Garudagamana – Nagaswarali – Alapana, swarams
3. Marugelara – Jayantashri – Raaga outline
4. Raa Rama – Asaveri
5. RTP – Bilahari – Pallavi: Raghukula in Kanda Triputa taalam – Composed by TRS
6. Nagumomu – Abheri – Raaga outline, swarams
7. What Prasanna called as the ‘Carnaticized’ version of his composition based on Kambhoji and Kapi from ‘Smile Pinki’ – the documentary which won the Oscar award this year for ‘Best Documentary Short Subject’. Prasanna composed the music for this documentary.
8. Mangalam – Sowrashtram followed by an outline of Madhyamavati
After more than a year, there was a concert of Prasanna here on Saturday. But, since that was in Villivakkam, an inaccessible area for me, I was not able to go for it. So, I didn’t want to miss today’s concert at any cost. I don’t have anything specific to write about except that, as expected, I absolutely enjoyed every moment of this concert. 🙂 How I wish more concerts of Prasanna happens here!