It does feel strange when you feel like outsider in your own blog! But that is precisely how I feel like today when I feel like wanting to write something here after ages! Believe it or not, it has been a little more than 3 months since I came to Singapore! And in less than a month’s time, I will be back in Madras on a vacation for about 50 days. Before I answer the clichéd ‘How do you find Singapore?’ I want to pen down the thoughts that keep crossing my mind every time I get one of those rare ‘me-time’ moments here in Singapore.
It is that these days, I feel a total disconnect with my blog persona! :
- It has been several weeks since I last sat down and relished a song!
- I can’t remember the last time I listened to a song on repeat mode.
- A song from Mani Ratnam’s upcoming movie ‘Kadal’ is out and I still haven’t listened to it fully!
- I am totally disconnected with blogs and forums like rasikas.org and A R Rahman Fans group.
- I am now a homemaker and apart from having total fun with my baby, my days are filled with cooking, vessels to clean, clothes to wash and the house itself waiting to be made clean and presentable.
- I am not even in Madras now, the place I never wanted (and still don’t want) to leave and go elsewhere.
- Blogging about something has got the least priority among the never-ending list of ever-pending household and other tasks to do. Since I never get close to end of the to-do list, blogging continues to remain a forgotten activity.
But what hasn’t changed is:
- I continue to visit temples here too.
- I do get to enjoy nature’s beauty almost everyday every time I see a sunset or see some birds flying past the canal behind my house or watching the rain drops fall, which, by the way, is a frequent occurrence here.
- My interest in visiting new places is getting fulfilled. I am having a great time visiting places in Singapore and getting to know the city.
Hey, in case you’re thinking that I have finally reached the end of my to-do list, then you’re wrong. Today, for a change, I chose to take a break and write something here and that too only after my sister asked me to. And it does feel good to write something after a long time.
I am not going to end this post saying I will be back with more posts on Singapore, simply because, I don’t know when my next post will be.